popular posts
Kanayo O. Kanayo-Why I did not celebrate my 55th birthday
Renowned Nollywood actor, Kanayo O. Kanayo, has said he could not celebrate his 55th birthday on Wednesday due to the crisis in the country. He said he couldn’t have celebrated with religious crisis and innocent blood crying all over the land. On his Instagram page @Kanayo.o.Kanayo, he wrote: “My dear friends, Proximate and distant. Today’s March 1st. It’s my birthday. It’s a day of sober reflections. I have a lot to thank God for but a lot to reminisce over. “How can I celebrate? We live in very challenging times and at cross roads. “The citizenry is divided along ethnic and religious lines. There’s so much waste of lives, innocent blood crying all over the land. How then can we have peace? Families are in pain of either want or insecurity. How can I celebrate? “My heart goes out to those caught in the web of displacement in their own land, widows, orphans( especially those orphaned by unnecessary killings) and internally displ...
Chocolate city owner to be prosecuted (this is why)
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State says the Chocolate City boss, Audu Maikori , and others will be prosecuted for their roles in the Southern Kaduna crisis, while fielding questions at the “Technology as a Policy Imperative” session at the Social Media Week, Lagos 2017, on Friday. Gov El-Rufai The panel session discussed the importance of an uncensored country, reports Premium Time. Maikori was arrested and detained for 24hours for posting a false story on social media about the killing of five College of Education students in Southern Kaduna. The label boss later apologised for posting the story, adding that his driver relayed it to him saying his (driver) brother was among the victims. He was arrested by the State Security Service on the grounds that his post was capable of inciting reprisal attacks and prolonging the Southern Kaduna crisis. “Audu Maikori rushed to publish a false story without checking with anyone. But before then, he had been posting fake...
Davido blasts Rude Follower – “My Unborn Daughter’s Future is Brighter Than Yours
Mercedes-Benz introduces new E-Class
Tecno joins the Range Rover owners club
Talented and young star of Made Men Music Group and the Abuja based artiste Tekno Miles just whipped the new year with a brand new range rover sport. He shared a photo of his new car and captioned it thus: “If it’s not black, it’s not mine”. And it’s definitely black so it’s his. To confirm if it’s true or Nay, a source reached out to Ubi Franklin his manager and he confirmed it’s true.. I Now see why every young Nigerian wants to become an artiste and not go to school…congratulations Tek
2 kidnappers escape death in Abia state(see photos)
It was a bad day in the office for two suspected kidnappers in Umuahia, the Abia State capital after they were caught trying to abduct a child. According to a Facebook user wreported the incident, the suspects, a man, and a woman, were caught while trying to steal the child from her mother's shop along the Umuahia/Owerri road and an alarm was raised. In a jiffy, an angry mob had gathered and gave them a chase before they could escape. They were stripped naked and given the beating of their lives. The mob was said to be bent of setting the suspects on fire before a police team was called in and they were rescued and whisked away to a station.
Nigerian gay couple sentenced to 6yrs in prison
A Minna Magistrates’ Court has sentenced two blind men to six years imprisonment for sexually abusing two minors in Niger. The Magistrate, Hajiya Hauwa Yusuf, convicted, Idris Usman, popularly called “Bagobiri ” and Abubakar Sadiq, after they pleaded guilty to the charge. The Prosecutor, Abdullahi Mayaki, had told the court that the convicts committed the offence in December, 2016. He said that the convicts had lured the 12-year-old and 10-year-old minors with N50 and N100 and sexually abused them. The offence contravened Section 19 of the Niger state Child Right Law, which on conviction attracts 14 years imprisonment. The Director-General of the state Child Rights Agency, Hajiya Mairam kolo, expressed satisfaction with the six years imprisonment without an option of fine. Kolo commended the Magistrate for ensuring that justice was served and warned people to desist from such unholy act. One word for them!
Entertainment Eldee’s wife celebrates him on his birthday: ‘I love you with every part of my being’
Skales- i was never under any presure from WizKid at EME
Nigerian singer, Raul Njeng-Njeng popularly known as Skales has opened up on how being in the same label with Wizkid at some point had an effect on him. Speaking on Sunday, he opened up about his time at EME record, where himself and Wizkid were label mates, saying contrary to what many thought, he was never pressurized by Wizkid . In his words: “I have never been under pressure from Wizkid . I have always been a singer even though I became more popular as a rapper. When I was in Kaduna, I wrote songs but rap was the in-thing back then, so that’s what I concentrated on more. I believe that artistes have their individual styles and it’s not necessary to compare one artiste with another. I had a wonderful time with EME and they contributed so much to my career. But I’ve moved on and I’m grateful to God that I’m doing well in my career.” On what drives him to keep on making good music: “I have a very deep passion for what I do. Anyone who knows me would tell you that I’m very pa...
Comments
Post a Comment