Victoria Kimani- It is people who look at me as sex symbol.


Undeniably true, American-born Kenyan singer and songwriter, Victoria Kimani happens to be one of the most attractive females in the Nigerian music industry and she has no problem flaunting it.

In a closed interview with Potpourri, the Chocolate City first lady explains her own perception when being seen as a sex symbol. According to her, being seen as a sex symbol is not bad.
In her words; I don’t think that is a bad thing. I am quite aware of that. Besides, why should I apologize for owning up to what is mine. At times, I can choose to wear Hijab to cover it up. Sometimes, I decide to flaunt it. I don’t even look at what people say because this is me and I try to be myself oftentimes. It is people who look at me as sex symbol.
I think seeing me as a sex symbol should be for some people because I have not worn anything my mind did not accept. The way you see my dressing depends on who you are, if you are somebody who is extremely religious, the idea will be different.


Dressing is a thing of choice, what others like might be what others hate.
Victoria who had started her music career in America, always wanted to come back home (Kenya) and make her mark but spotted that Nigeria had a profitable market and a major populace of the youth were very involved in music;
Before I was signed to Los Angelos Laker Ron Artist, I knew I had always wanted to come back home and do music that will be accepted in Africa as a whole. I knew that if I had gone to Kenya it could be cool but everyone knows that when you talk of music and entertainment in general, Nigeria is like Hollywood, compared to other countries in Africa. So I said to myself, I need to find myself here because there are so many talents. So many people including the media are so interested in music compared to Kenya where less than 65% of Kenyan youths are interested in music but here in Nigeria it is like 70%.
So when I was in the US I told myself that I need to go back home and be a pan-African artiste; that artiste who will be able to move around the continent. So that was the reason for my coming in here.
I am so grateful to God, almost three years into the business I would say that I am getting closer to my goal but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Comments

popular posts

Don jazzy and Linda ikeji pose in new engagement picture

Tecno joins the Range Rover owners club

Wari based musician (Tony Grey) is dying in USA

What wizkid said about him getting married

Tour to square villa PSQUARE'S MANSION (see photos)